Midterm evaluation of an ongoing project
Transforming conflict perceptions through increased civic and community engagement in Kosovo
January 2019 – December 2021
As soon as possible or latest 1st of March 2022
Kosovo Coalition for Reconciliation (KCR) was established in January 2019, by HLCK, Artpolis, NGO Aktiv and Documenta, through the support of the European Union Office in Kosovo with the project “Transforming conflicting perceptions through increased civic and community engagement in Kosovo”.
KCR seeks to contribute to overall improvement of ethnic relations in Kosovo and increase understanding and participation of grass-root community actors in initiatives fostering the reconciliation process in Kosovo. Through vigorous efforts in facilitation of respectful ethnic dialogue, promotion of cultural diversity values, increased opportunities for inter-ethnic cooperation in promotion of peace and tolerance and amplified inclusion women and youth groups in reconciliation process in Kosovo, KCR aspires to introduce genuine and sustainable changes in reconciliation dynamics in Kosovo.
The selected expert/consultant will have to conduct a programmatic evaluation, which will autonomously measure overall progress of the project, assess the indicator fulfillment, collect and review quantitative and qualitative data to determine evidence of the project impact and suggest the changes/amendments that lead to better result delivery in the continuation of efforts. This will have to be done in close cooperation with the programme manager and the KCR members.
After more than 3 years of work, the Coalition seeks to engage an external expert who will work closely with us to:
- Carefully review the work of the KCR for the period of 1st of January 2019 – 31st of December 2022.
- Prepare and conduct a midterm evaluation of the partnered organizations, based on meetings with HLCK, Artpolis, NGO Aktiv, the expert’s own research and feedback collected from stakeholders and discuss the findings with the organizations.
- Explore and recommend which interventions are most appropriate at which level(s) to achieve the desired change.
- Analyze which organizational capacities should be strengthened in order to improve the implementation and the results of the project.
- Define all necessary adaptations for the future project design.
- Deliver a final report on findings and recommendations for internal use for the KCR.
- No less than five (5) years of professional experience working in the civil-society sector in Kosovo and region.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Transitional Justice and Dealing with the Past concepts and demonstrated experience in these field.
- Past experience in evaluating projects.
- Fluency in English and local languages.
Interested parties should submit the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 18th of February 2022:
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- A letter of interest outlining the applicant’s interest in and qualifications for the position and examples of past similar work;
- A proposed methodology and timeline for the completion of work;
- A financial offer;
Deadline for questions and further clarifications for the open call is 9th of February 2022 via email. All questions and answers will be available for all applicants no later than 14th of February 2022 on the webpage of KCR.